2017-18 APPLICATION PERIOD NOW CLOSED
February 1 - April 1, 2017
The Paul M. Felice Memorial Scholarship Program was established by MGA’s board of directors to honor former board chairman, Paul M. Felice. Along with his family, "Paulie" Felice owned and operated the Felice and Valuland Food Centers in Waterford, Macomb and Sterling Heights. Paulie was a respected mentor to many of his peers and associates, and a strong supporter of higher education.
The program offers a number of competitive scholarship awards each year to students that are affiliated with MGA member companies by virtue of their own or their parent's employment. Paul M. Felice Memorial Scholarships provide MGA members with a valuable benefit to assist their employees with college expenses. Awards have been increase to $2,000 each for 2017. All applicants may re-apply the following year as long as they remain eligible.
Application Deadline is April 1, 2017!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
High School seniors, college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who are:
- Sons and daughters of full- and part-time employees of companies (retailers and suppliers) that are a member of Michigan Grocers Association. The parent-employee must have been employed for at least one year as of January 1, 2017; or
- Part-time student employees who have been employed by an MGA-member company for at least six (6) months as of January 1, 2017. AND
- Michigan residents, or non-residents whose qualifying worksite (student or parent) is in Michigan.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
Scholarship winners are selected by International Scholarship & Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) using an independent panel of educators. Winners are notified in May 2017 and must enroll in college as full-time students in the fall of 2017. Applicants who are not selected will also be notified. All notifications are sent to the email address students provide on their application.
Applications are accepted by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) from February 1 until April 1, 2017.
Apply online at www.applyists.net/migef starting February 1.
Questions? Call International Scholarship & Tuition Services at 855-670-4787.
The Application Deadline is April 1, 2017
Funds supporting the Paul M. Felice Memorial Scholarship Program are provided by the Michigan Grocers Foundation, an independent, section 501(c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization. The Internal Revenue Service has determined that contributions to the Foundation are deductible for federal income tax purposes. To make a tax-deductible contribution or to discuss planned giving options call Linda Gobler at 517-372-6800 ext. 16.
- Mike Schiffli - Chairman - SUPERVALU - Fort Wayne, IN
- Linda Gobler - President - Michigan Grocers Association. - Lansing, MI
- D.J. Oleson - Secretary - Oleson’s Food Stores - Traverse City, MI
- Ken McClure – Treasurer - The Kroger Company, Novi, MI
- Susan Felice-Herzfeld - Trustee - Clarkston, MI